that the perfect age is somewhere between old enough to
know better and young enough not to care. How many do you remember?
1. Candy cigarettes
2. Wax coke-shaped bottles with colored sugar water inside.
3. Soda pop machines that dispensed glass bottles.
4. Coffee shops with tableside juke boxes
5. Blackjack, Clove and Teaberry chewing gum
6. Home milk delivery in glass bottles, with cardboard stoppers.
7. Party lines.
8. Newsreels before the movie.
9. P. F. Flyers
10. Butch wax
11. Telephone numbers with a word prefix ... (Drexel-5505)
13. Howdy Dowdy
14. 45 RPM Records
15. Green Stamps
17. Metal ice cube trays--with levers
18. Mimeograph paper
19. Blue flash Bulbs
20. Beanie and Cecil
21. Roller skate keys
22. Cork pop guns
23. Drive ins
25. Wash tub wringers
26. The Fuller Brush man
27. Reel-to-reel tape recorders
29. The Erector Set
30. The Fort Apache Playset
31. Lincoln Logs
32. 15 cent McDonald hamburgers
33. 5 cent packs of baseball cards...with that awful pink slab of bubble
34. Penny candy
35. 35 cent-a-gallon gasoline
36. Blue Chip stamps
37. Full Service Gas stations
38. Comic Books that cost a nickel
39. Transistor Radios that only got A.M. stations
40. When T.V. stations "signed off" at nine o'clock P.M.
41. Prizes in Cracker Jacks boxes...not stickers
42. Double Feature movies with a cartoon before each movie
A TIME WHEN.....................
1. Decisions were made by going "eeny-meeny-miney-mo."
2. Mistakes were corrected by simply exclaiming "do over!"
3. "Race issue" meant arguing about who ran the fastest.
4. Catching the fireflies could happily occupy an entire evening.
5. It wasn't odd to have two or three "best" friends.
6. The worst thing you could catch from the opposite sex was
7. Having a weapon in school meant being caught with a slingshot.
8. A foot of snow was a dream come true.
9. Saturday morning cartoons weren't 30-minute ads for action
10. "Oly-oly-oxen-free" made perfect sense.
11. Spinning around, getting dizzy, and falling down was cause for
12. The worst embarrassment was being picked last for a team.
13. War was a card game.
14. Water balloons were the ultimate weapon.
15. Baseball cards in the spokes transformed any bike into a
16. Taking drugs meant orange-flavored chewable aspirin.